Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Services team are looking for the next generation of Aircraft Line Maintenance Techniciansto start their career in aviation. As our newest Aircraft Technicians,you will be responsible for gaining skills and experience in maintenance and modification of the various aircraft systems and associated equipment, in support of attainment of a Certificate II Aircraft Line Maintenance – MEA20518. This apprenticeship will include a fully funded position on a dedicated three-month training course at a CASR Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation to complete theory and practical training and assessment. Following completion, you will be responsible for maintaining Aircraft systems and servicing requirements in support of the E-7A Wedgetail, F/A-18F Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler platforms at RAAF Base Amberley.
No two days are the same, but here is an example of what activities you can expect to undertake during your apprenticeship:
- Aircraft Pre and Post flight inspections and servicing duties
- Carry out aircraft line maintenance servicing
- Removal and installation of aircraft components
- Preparation, inspection and use of aircraft and ground support equipment
- Inspection, maintenance, servicing, repair and fault diagnosis of components and systems
- Reading and understanding approved maintenance procedures and instructions
- Provide assistance to and receive mentoring from senior technicians
In addition to the above, in order to successfully complete your apprenticeship, you will also be required to:
- Attend training at a CASR Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation as the Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Pass CASR Part 66 regulatory examinations to the acceptable pass mark (75%)
- Maintain a detailed journal of experience to a standard acceptable to BDA and the Registered Training Organisation
- Complete an aircraft safety familiarisation course
Your checklist for success:
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and passion to learn aircraft maintenance activities from experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers who will mentor and guide you from day one to completion of your Certificate II Aircraft Line Maintenance
- Ability to successfully interact with mentors, co-workers and management to maintain productive working relationships to meet team, business unit, and organisational goals
- Have the self-discipline to maintain a current work journal
- Able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Negative Vetting 1 security clearance
- Be physically fit for both indoor and outdoor workplace activities
The nice to haves:
- Competence with Microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of aircraft operational procedures
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation’s most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
- Formal reward and recognition program
- Access discounts for health insurance, travel, and accommodation
- Paid study leave, parental leave, Defence leave, and First Nation Cultural Leave
- Join social and community groups and explore opportunities to engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs and initiatives focusing on STEM engagements.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
We are also committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and Defence Veterans are encouraged to apply
The job provided here is officially posted on the company site and we posted it here to aware our visitors about it. We don’t ask for money and apply through the official website.
Thank you for visiting us, hope you get your Dream job.
Join our Telegram group for the latest Updates: https://t.me/aviationa2z