In a nutshell
The world is at your feet as an Engine Mechanic at KLM. Not only do you maintain and repair different aircraft engines from day one, you also end up in a focused and extensive learning process within our unique business. Because of the diversity of functions, departments and colleagues, you have the opportunity to transcend yourself at KLM. Every day.
What are you going to do?
A technical problem or time for a full check-up? In both cases, you first take the engine apart in a fixed order. Then you let your trained gaze loose on all the different parts: from the largest turbines to the smallest bolts. Not only do you maintain these parts, you also replace them where necessary – and always look for hidden deviations. Finally, you put everything back, repaired, and well.
- we train you in both (dis)assembling and tinkering with different parts;
- you work on all kinds of motors such as CFM56-7B, CF6, GEnx and the LEAP;
- you always have a keen eye for all safety requirements – and there are a lot of them!
Where do you land?
You work at Engine Services at Schiphol-Oost, in a team with twenty colleagues. You work together in shifts, of which one weekday and one-week evening shift.
You end up in a structured world with clear tasks and a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to errors: this makes it always clear what you have to do. We are also increasingly using digital tools, which help us to work smarter and more efficiently.
You don’t shy away from rapidly changing situations. Flexible as you are, you can easily change your schedule and you can switch quickly. You are enthusiastic, curious and like to work together – but you can also do it on your own. Stress does not stop you, because even under time pressure you get the plane safely and in time for the operation. And whether you have theoretical or practical knowledge of aircraft, or especially the finer points of the technology: with us you will learn everything you need
- you can work very concentrated and controlled;
- you have a keen eye for any mistakes;
- you speak and understand Dutch and (technical) English well.
What do we offer?
- A challenging role at a unique royal Dutch company
- A gross salary between € 2,200.00 and € 3,060.00 gross per month
- Plenty of room for personal development and great career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, profit distribution, 8.33% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay
- 25 vacation days and 7 extra days off
- Hefty discount on airline tickets (if you have been employed for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Shiftwork allowance
- Discount on your health insurance
- A budget for sustainable employability 2%>
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, and send us your CV! You don’t have to write a motivation letter; during your online application, we will ask you some specific questions. You will receive a message from us within two weeks of the closing date. Your application procedure consists of 2 interviews.
The job provided here is officially posted on the company site and we posted it here to aware our visitors about it. We don’t ask for money and apply through the official website.
Thank you for visiting us, hope you get your Dream job.
Join our Telegram group for the latest Updates: https://t.me/aviationa2z